Saturday, September 27, 2014

Side Notes from Reading...

I am currently reading Bergen's Manhunt which follows the ten year attempt to take down Osama Bin Laden.  I own the documentary based off of the book and I will fully admit that I have watched it at least a dozen times, I am fascinated by the analysts that worked for the CIA in Alec Station and so I finally got the book.  I did not get far in last night before falling asleep...to be fair, I spent most of the day and evening reading about the French Navy and chasing around a hyper toddler so I was a bit tired.

My early observation that really does not have much to do with the story as a whole is this...
If you are an architect in Abottabad, Pakistan (oh btw... Abottabad was actually named after a British dude named Abbot...crazy!) and you get a call to build a very expensive and specific compound...would you not get suspicious about who on earth you were building for???  Maybe the guy knew and was just like...I wont ask questions and I will take the money, but despite its very sparse appearance...that place was expensive to build and had pretty specific designs. I am sure the guy knew there was something clandestine going on, but I did find it odd.


No comments:

Post a Comment